Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME/CFS)
- CDC Overview of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- What Is ME/CFS?
- Management and Treatment of ME/CFS
- Living with ME/CFS
- Loving Someone with ME/CFS
- Children and Young Adults with ME/CFS
- ME/CFS Experts in the United States
- Beyond Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Redefining an Illness. February, 2015. One of the most comprehensive reports regarding ME/CFS, this report was published by the National Academy of Medicine and includes a diagnostic criteria, clinicians guide, and comprehensive literature review.
- ME/CFS: A Primer for Clinical Practitioners. (link to pdf here) July 2014. The “go-to” guide for clinical care, this primer for adult cases was published by the International Association for CFS and ME (IACFSME)and authored by a committee of experts. This is a great resource to provide to your doctor.
- ME/CFS – FM Treatment Advice. Dr. Lucinda Bateman. Dr. Bateman, one of the foremost experts on ME/CFS and a member of SMCI’s Research Advisory Committee provides advice on managing ME/CFS.
- 4-Step Toolkit to Avoid Post-Exertional Malaise. This useful worksheet was created by the Stanford Medicine ME/CFS Initiative and is posted here with permission.
- ME/CFS webpage created by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for additional information and materials. We recognize that the CDC webpage is still evolving and SMCI looks forward to working with the CDC to facilitate continuing improvements.