Service & Support Animals- Travel Related Resources
TSA Traveling With Service Animals Overview Video
(This video is also available with Closed Captioning and Audio Descriptions)
General Service& Support Animal Travel Related Resources
- TSA Travel Special Procedures to include screening of you and your service dog
- TSA Notification card
- TSA Rules Regarding Service Animals (Including Emotional Support Animals)
- DOJ: ADA Know Your Rights - Returning Service Members with Disabilities
- U.S. Transportation Security Administration: Service Animals
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals: Tips for Safe Travels With Your Pet
- American Veterinary Medical Association: 11 things you can do to make travel safer for you and your pet
- Bring Fido: Pet Hotels & Motels; Dog Friendly Bed and Breakfasts; Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals; Long-Term Apartments; Dog Camping and Campgrounds
- How To Move with Your Pet: excellent guidance for making a safe and humane move.
- Humane Society: "Travel Safely with Your Pet by Car, Airplane, Ship or Train."
- Humane Society: "Traveling with Your Pet: What to Pack and How to Prepare: Basic supplies and a little preparation will make travel easier and safer for your pet."
- Humane Society: "Traveling with Your Pet to Hawaii, Canada, or Mexico."
- P.E.T.S. - Animal Rescue Road Trips: "P.E.T.S. LLC is committed to safely transporting dogs from rescue groups to their new homes."
- Pet Express: "Pet travel agency Pet Express provides transportation services for pets moving within the U.S. and internationally."
- Pilots N Paws: "This site is intended to be a meeting place for those who rescue, shelter or foster animals, and pilots and plane owners willing to assist with the transportation of animals. It is not the intent of Pilots N Paws to coordinate or arrange those providing these valuable services, but to provide the environment in which those involved can come together in a common place and arrange or schedule rescue flights, overnight foster care or shelter and all other related activities."
- Pet Air: "service to and from over 150 airports."
- Pet Passport, Immigration, & Quarantine Information: provides "Rules for taking your pet to over 100 countries."
- PetsCanStay: identifies places to stay "where your pet is as welcome as you are™", searchable by state or province,
- Petswelcome: lists over 25,000 hotels, bed-and-breakfasts, resorts, campgrounds, and beaches that are pet-friendly, searchable by state, etc. Information on traveling with pets.
- Pet Transport Service: "will deliver your precious pet or pets nationwide, door-to-door, safely.... Your pets are literally chauffeured in heated and/or air-conditioned vans or SUV's.... Whether you have only one dog; or three cats and a dog, they will not be commingled with other animals that you know nothing about. They will not be transported in a huge vehicle that has to stop here and there across the country to pick up and drop off other animals. Nor will they be subject to any ailments, aggressions, or diseases that these other animals may have."
- PetTravel.com: lists 38,098 Pet Friendly Accommodations, Hotels & Services, searchable by City, State, Region in over 150 Countries around the world.
- Pet Travel Checklist: Great check list for pet travel.
- TLC Pet Transport: "provides private ground Pet Transportation throughout the entire USA. We specialize in moving 'one family at a time' to provide you and our pet family the safest Pet Relation Service possible."
- Travel Pets: online directory for pet-friendly hotels.
- TripsWithPets.com: lists "pet friendly hotels, bed & breakfasts, vacation rentals, resorts, campgrounds, and other lodging where your dog, cat, or other furry friend is welcome. Plus...pet friendly restaurants, activities, airlines and more."
- United States and Canada Dog Travel Guide: lists "places that welcome ALL well-behaved dogs, regardless of size (and in non-smoking rooms)."
- World Wide Pet Tranport: "Relocating your pets internationally can be a complicated process requiring extensive knowledge of both import and export requirements. Factors such as veterinary documentation, quarantine regulations, flight availability and restrictions, flight kennel requirements, timing, and boarding can make it a daunting task for any pet owner to overcome. The knowledgeable staff at World Wide Pet Transport can simplify this process so you can focus on the many other things that are involved in a household relocation.